As cannabis becomes more and more mainstream across the world, we are finding more and more edibles on the market. This means that smoking or vaping cannabis is not the only way to consume it anymore! This is great news for those who have asthma or those who hate that cotton-mouth feeling you get after smoking.
The problem is that, while edibles are becoming more prevalent, their consumption labels cannot always be trusted. This is because of how cannabis affects various people differently. Factors, such as tolerance, body mass and metabolism, can cause the user to have an experience vastly different from what they wanted. You can read more about edibles here.
Personally, I prefer to be safe, rather than sorry. That is why I make my own edibles, from baked goods to chocolates to drinks. This recipe is one frequently use because it can be made in advance and is always ready for me when I need it. It is unassuming and perfectly dosed just for me. It is my Naughty Night Time chocolate recipe.
1 cup cannabis infused coconut oil
1/2 cup honey (or agave / raw cane sugar etc.)
1 cup cocoa butter
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
Chili powder/ flakes
- Grate the cocoa butter as it will melt faster.
- In a double boiler on low heat, heat the cannabis infused coconut oil and cocoa butter until melted. Stir occasionally until fully combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Stir until fully combined and smooth. If you are adding any other dry ingredients, such as nuts or chilli, add it now. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the honey or agave, one tablespoon at a time. Make sure to stir fully before adding more. If you prefer more bitter chocolate, add less honey. If you love sweet chocolate, add a bit more.
- Make sure to taste-test the chocolate at this point. Add more sweetness or nuts or chilli if you want. Just make sure that it is still pourable.
- Pour the melted mixture into a chocolate mould and leave to set in the fridge for an hour.
To make a canna-oil that’s perfectly suited to you. (Look out for the Cannabutter recipe which will be posted soon!)
If you do not have chocolate moulds, you can use silicone ice cube trays, cupcake moulds, or cake pop moulds. Just make sure it is flexible enough for you to be able to pop out the chocolates when you want them.
You can dip strawberries into the liquid chocolate and leave them in the fridge to set if you feel like adding something extra to your romantic night. The link between cannabis and mind-blowing sex has been deeper explored in this article.
Try pouring the liquid chocolate over some freshly made popcorn. Or drizzled over cupcakes. The uses are endless!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let us know how it worked for you.
May all your day be high ones!
Evarínya is a dancer, a dreamer, a cynic and a lover of glitter.
She began writing at a young age, creating her own private imaginary worlds to disappear into.
While her pursuit of her engineering degree side tracked her for a while, she has returned to the
world she loves in hopes of sharing her experiences and stories.
She believes in the empowerment of women through non-conventional methods and seeks to
uncover the world of cannabis through experimentation and the scientific method.
In her spare time, she reads avidly, sews and paints. She tutors part-time and blogs weekly. You can
find out more about her by reading her personal blog, Mist in the Mountains.